Cozy Canadian Things: Part 1 October 06 2012
Jess Tasker designed the Station Chair with comfort on her mind. She wanted a chair that you could curl up in with a good Robertson Davies or Margaret Atwood novel, while snuggling into 100% Virgin Wool from Canada's East Coast. This got us thinking... what are some of our other favourite cozy Canadian things now that Fall is here and the chill is starting to set in?
Here is what we came up with:
1. Stanfield's Adult Onesie. Not just for the kids, adults can also experience the sealed in cotton comfort.
2. The Drink Toque. Keep your hands warm while you enjoy a cold brew. A very stylish cold brew that is.
3. The East Coast has it's fair share of accomplished surfers (I am not one). They are a rugged crew that surf out in the Atlantic when even the seals would rather just cozy up into a bed of seaweed. To keep your toes warm, we recommend some booties from Halifax surf shop If Only.
4. Burton Party Socks. Jake Burton is an entrepreneurial inspiration to those of us launching good quality products. His socks are an essential in winter when hitting the slopes, trails or the local variety store (after you realize, yet again, that you are out of milk for your early morning coffee).
5. A good handmade clay mug for coffee, cocoa and Bailey's. Check out your local farmers market or Etsy for a good selection.